Electronic System for Travel Authorization

Frequently Asked Questions

Electronic System for Travel Authorization
What is ESTA?
The Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) is an automated system that assists in determining eligibility to travel to the United States under the Visa Waiver Program (VWP) and whether such travel poses any law enforcement or security risk. Upon completion of an ESTA application, a traveler is notified of his or her eligibility to travel to the United States under the VWP.
What is the Visa Waiver Program?
The Visa Waiver Program (VWP) is administered by DHS and enables eligible citizens or nationals of designated countries to travel to the United States for tourism or business for stays of 90 days or less without first obtaining a visa.
Which countries participate in the Visa Waiver Program?
Citizens or nationals of the following countries are currently eligible to travel to the United States under the VWP: Andorra Hungary, New Zealand, Australia, Iceland, Norway, Austria, Ireland, Portugal, Belgium, Italy, San Marino, Brunei, Japan, Singapore, Chile, Republic of Korea, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Latvia Slovenia, Denmark, Liechtenstein, Spain, Estonia, Lithuania, Sweden, Finland, Luxembourg, Switzerland, France, Malta, Germany, Monaco, Greece, The Netherlands, Taiwan, United Kingdom.
Why is ESTA needed when travelling to the United States on the Visa Waiver Program?
To enhance the security of travel entry in conjunction with the VISA WAIVER PROGRAM, allowing the Department of Homeland Security to determine prior to travel whether an individual poses a law enforcement or security risk.
When do I need to apply for my ESTA?
You must apply for an ESTA at least 72 hours prior to your travel for entry into the United States.
How do I apply for my ESTA?
You can apply online on this website. It is an electronic application only.
What does the ESTA allow me to do?
It allows multiple entries for a total of 90 days into the United States or less if your passport expires. The ESTA is valid for 2 years and also allows travel to Mexico, Canada and the Caribbean.
Can I change my details after submitting my ESTA?
Kindly check your details and amend if necessary prior to submitting your application. Any changes to be made after submitting will incur additional costs. You can however make changes to your email address, your telephone number, your “Travel Information” such as the Carrier Name and flight number, and your address while in the United States with out incurring additional costs.
Can I get a refund if my ESTA application is rejected?

Yes, a refund will be honored unconditionally to any rejected application. Refunds will be given usually within 14 days of rejection notification. All refunds will be made allowing for the reduction of our ESTA application administration & service fees. Rejected applications may be referred to the relevant 'Application for Visa' travel to the United States site.
Once an application is received then processed and travel authorization with an ESTA approval number is sent by email NO refunds are applicable. All work has been carried out in accordance with your request then delivered by email. Processed applications have been finalized with U.S. Customs and Border Protection with approval and authorization.

How long will my application take to be processed?
Usually within 72 hours.
How is my information provided for ESTA Application protected for my privacy?
Information provided by you is subject to privacy provisions and controls. Payment information including Credit and Debit Card details provided to us are NOT retained by us or any third party.
Is there an application fee for my ESTA prior to entry to the United States?
Yes there is a fee payable to us for your ESTA. Payment is inclusive of all administration and service fees. Payment may be made by this ESTA application encrypted secure payment system.
How long will it take to complete the application form for my ESTA on this website?
Just a couple minutes.
Will I need a return or onward ticket when I travel to the United States with my approved ESTA?
Yes, a return or onward ticket booked with a major airline or a cruise company is required.
What do I do if I am not approved for my ESTA?
If your application is denied, you can still travel to the United States, but you will need to apply for a visa through a U.S. Embassy or Consulate to do so.